Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Drawing in Flash

So, I'm more than a little rusty of drawing images straight into flash. "Then why would you?" you ask. Well, it's a productivity thing. I usually like to have a quick thumbnail on paper then re-create the entire drawing in flash. Also, for new poses in animation, it's a good way to get really comfortable drawing the character on model (having the model sheet or another pose on the frame before and using the onion skin). It's not for everyone but it works for me.

This first image was drawn straight into Flash. It's a quick sketch of a character for a show in development here in Quebec. The sketch given to me by the creators of the show had a small goatee but, when I showed up, my "abe/Ammish" beard inspired them. No big stretch for me to create the character. I'm not really sold on the colours but these where sampled from the original sketch given to me.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

love the design of this character. Your work is superb and I love the style! Ive added a link to you and will be comin back to see more!

peece

11:28 AM  
Blogger milanrubio said...

I draw in flash too!! Is more intuitive and near to real life than illustrator (ok, not so powerful, but you can "see" what you're drawing in real time!)
I often ink (not always) my comic strips in flash (Yeah, strange but it works!)

2:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home